Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Coming back for a Comeback" (from March 29, 2011)

Thats right the title says it all. No, im not talking about some cheesy feel good story that turns into a disney movie or something mentioned on the "Not Top 10" of the ESPN blotter; nope, none of those. But i am poised to make my own kind of comeback. A comeback to...Rexburg?!?! wait what?! (and its NOT 'cause of the blueberry pie shake at Sammy's either, which is still a good reason...just sayin'.)


So when last year i got to BYU-Idaho last semester, i was totally geeked out, im not gonna lie. Sure there's not a whole lot in Rexburg when it comes to usual "fun" things to do, but who cares. If you dont like it, dont go is all i can say! But anyways, i was excited to get my education on and get some mingling done as well. I started out like some young puppy being able to run around free. Having a couple good roommates that i knew already helped ease myself into it. School started and i was ready to roll through. What started happening was me getting rolled over by it instead. (Being absent minded when it comes to doing a ton of the work online will do that to ya.) I started to rebound after that in some of my other classes. I then tripped at the finish line and will have to redo a couple classes this next semester. (im shaking my fist at you, math!)

And in the mingling scene? Not as great as i had hoped. Lots of dates and thats about it. Even a couple girls i went out with i really regret now. (same, head-shaking story) Maybe i tried to hard or what, thats TBD.

Summary of last semester? Think of a boxing ring. Me in one corner, and the semester as a whole in the other corner. I had many really good moments that made it look like i had that round won. But before the bell sounded, i got my face smashed in and bloodied. I went to my corner fuming mixed with pouting. I've been in my corner ever since the semester ended in December. Since then, anxiety and an itch to get back and do better this time around. Thats a long time to stare down the opponent. I think im more excited this time around; one reason being to prove to myself that i can do better. I have others, but that's all i'll spill for now. (you could just ask me about more, duh)

Things to change? Well:

-make sure i do ALL the little things for the class, i.e. paying attention better to the details.
-have studying include more than a quick look over my notes for a few minutes in the library with my iPod
-spend MUCH less at Wendy's (well...i'll sure try. haha)
-date smarter
-aaaaaannnnddd...well, we'll get more over time


So with that said...im ready for my comeback. 17 days and counting. yeeeeaaah boiii

No comments:

Post a Comment